Dear students, parents and friends
This week we see some of our middle school students celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation. This is one of the Catholic sacraments of initiation. This sacrament gives us an opportunity to examine our conscience and identify where we may have not made the best choices or supported the needs of others. Reconciliation is the formal sacrament in which God offers mercy and forgiveness. This brings Catholics back into right relationship with God. We can all follow this model in our daily lives by thinking about our affect on others, by seeking and granting forgiveness and by looking to always be in right relationship with others.
Due to the covid restrictions Fr Denis has been running small group Sacrament celebrations which have been a wonderful experience for the families who have not had the opportunity to attend reconciliation for quite some time. My thanks to Fr Denis, Mr Williams and Sr Julie and parish team for their organisation.
Photography Day Tuesday 24th November
Please take note of the following:-
- School Pix will be taking photos of our students for 2020
- Portrait photos of students only will be taken
- Class Groups will be compiled from the individual portrait photos (see attached for image)
- All orders must be made and paid for online – NO CASH payments are allowed due to COVID restrictions as per School Pix
- Dress in normal summer uniform
- Please ensure that your child/ren are at school promptly and on time as we have a strict running order and it will not be changed for late arrivals
- Refer to your order form for full details re online ordering (form were sent home on Tuesday)
- If for some reason you do not receive an order form, please email the office for your child’s online ordering code
- Sibling photos will be taken – please email your child’s classroom teach by 2pm on Monday 23rd November if you wish your child to have a sibling photo. Please also tell your children that you wish them to have a sibling photo.
- Requests for sibling photos will not be taken past 2pm, this is a strict deadline as School Pix will not take sibling photos for late requests. School Pix will be given a list of children for sibling photos on Monday 23rd Nov at 2pm.
- The reason for the strict deadline is that their normal sibling order forms have been delayed.
Please also note that if your child is unwell on photography day, they are not to attend school for their photo. Any unwell students will be sent home whether they have had their photo taken or not.
Many thanks for your cooperation.
At STAPS, we know it pays to be kind, both online and offline - and it's never too early to get into the habit! So this #WorldKindnessDay show the young people around you how to be kind online, by modelling safe and respectful device use and content sharing.
Seniors enjoyed helping juniors with Code Camp this week. Well done seniors demonstrating a kind act of service and modeling respectful behavior during learning times.