"The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances."Robert Flatt
We embrace the Easter story with its tragedy and triumph. In the weeks after Easter it is important to reflect on how the resurrection story is lived in us when we do get an opportunity to start again whenever we feel like things have gone wrong and bad.
We frequently find ourselves feeling like giving up, turning away, moving away or not chasing our dream. The resurrection story reminds us that we always have the opportunity to start over, to rebuild from the ruins and to continue to grow our relationships and ourselves.
I hope your break was restful. The children have returned in a very positive way. They are engaging in their learning and continuing to build themselves as learners. The teachers are planning for targetted teaching of reading and place value this term building their practice and the experience for our students. We look forward to the improved outcomes for our students.
Alleluia! Jesus is risen! Alleluia!
For Christians, Easter is the biggest deal. It’s a bigger deal than Black Friday sales. A bigger deal than the AFL Grand Final. Bigger than Netflix. It’s even bigger than Christmas. Why do Christians believe this?
Jesus suffered, was crucified and rose from the dead. This is the greatest gift anyone could give. God did this so that we can have life after death. We have been given the golden ticket to heaven! There’s nothing that surpasses that. This compels us to stop and think about the love God has for us and his wish for us.
The Easter season continues up until Pentecost (May 23rd). This is the perfect term for parishes to celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation. These year 6 candidates will be preparing for this big step in their faith journey. We will be praying for them to be open to the Holy Spirit to make an impact on their lives. It will be our first opportunity to meet the new Bishop of Sale also, Bishop Greg Bennett.
Those wishing to enrol their child for Confirmation this year, the Information Night is Tuesday 27th April 7:00pm at the school.
Religious Education Leader
Parents should notify the school of any absence by 9.00am. This can be done via PAM or alternatively by contacting the school by phone.
If families are wanting to take a holiday during term time a formal request must be made to the Principal via email email@example.com. On request a form will be sent to you and on completion approval can be granted.
Winter Uniform will be required to be worn from Term 2. Uniforms can be purchased from PSW located in Hampton Park.
Hats are compulsory until the beginning of May and then from the 1st of September. Please note that due to government health regulations the school cannot provide spare hats to the students.
NB: Please clearly label your child's items of clothing so they can be returned to your child if handed to lost property.
School Photos - Tuesday 4th May
All families were sent paperwork regarding the schoool photos earlier this week. If you have not recieved any paperwork, please check your child's communication folder.
Please read carefully and note the following information:
- Students are to wear their full winter uniform including their woollen jumper.
- Please do not send sick students to school just for their photo as we must continue to follow procedures around COVID 19.
- There will be a running order for the day commencing with the Foundation students and ending with the Senior students, followed by sibling photos. The order will not be changed so please ensure that you do not schedule any appointments for the day. We cannot give out specific times as to when students will be photographed as this can change on the day depending on cooperation with the photographers, weather etc.
Re: Ordering of your child’s individual, class and sibling photos:
- All orders must be placed online at www.schoolpix.com.au. Schoolpix do not accept cash.
- The school office will not take orders or payment.
- All students have an individual order code; however if this is misplaced, or someone else in the family outside the main residential address would like to order, you can use the Student Search function and input your child’s first and last name and date of birth.
- The school order number is 21707.
- All students will be photographed individually as well as in their class group whether an order has been placed or not by photo day.
- Sibling photos will only be taken for those students that have ordered.
- Sibling photos must be ordered online before 8am on photography day (4th May) and ordered with the oldest child’s individual package.
- For individual and class photo orders, these can be ordered up to 2 working days after the 4th May.
- For orders placed online before midnight on 4th May you will receive a bonus 20x25cm black and white print (does not apply to sibling only orders)
- All photo packs will be delivered to school for online orders up to 2 working days after 4th May. Orders placed 3 days after 4th May and onwards will incur a postage fee as orders will be sent directly to the nominated address.
- Families with 3 or more children receive a 25% discount when ordering individual packages. (Discount does not apply to group, extras etc)
ANXIETY - How to Empower Your Child to Deal With Anxiety
Catholic School Parents Victoria (CSPV) is running a webinar for parents of children and young people with anxiety (free 90-minute Webinar)
Saturday 24th April, 10:30am-12pm
CSPV presents a free webinar for parents of children
in primary and secondary school
Supporting parents of children with anxiety
Are you struggling to support your young child or teenager with anxiety?
CSPV provides this opportunity for you to learn from leading anxiety speaker and educator Dr Jodi Richardson.
Jodi is the best-selling co-author of Anxious Kids and a regular media commentator
on issues related to anxiety, wellbeing and parenting.
This free 90 minute Webinar will provide you with strategies to know how to respond,
how you can help, when to seek professional help and much more.
For further information on supporting your child with anxiety please click on the link below